Deputy CEO, Chief Technology Officer
Wayne started with Booktopia in 2008, as the only in-house Java J2EE developer.
Intent on not being the ‘small cog in a big wheel’, Wayne left GE Commercial Finance to focus on making an impact in a smaller company where he felt he could actively contribute to it’s growth and success.
Ten years later, Wayne has evolved from a software developer cutting code and building Booktopia’s bespoke website to become one of the key leaders in the business. At Booktopia, Wayne is responsible for all systems, both internal and external, oversees the strategy and operations of the business and also sits on Booktopia’s Board.
In his time at Booktopia Wayne has been responsible for a number of major projects including the development of all aspects of the Booktopia website, the design and development of their custom built warehouse management system and their always evolving eBook platform.
With the acquisition of Angus & Robertson Wayne oversees all strategy and technology across both brands and was responsible for the integration of Angus & Robertson into Booktopia’s systems.
Last year Wayne was a finalist for the Online Retail Industry Recognition Award, has been named as one of Inside Retail’s Top 50 People in E-Commerce for three years and was finalist for the BRW’s Best Rising Star Award.
Recent Key Achievements:
- Key player in the design and implementation of Booktopia’s new 13,000sqm automated Distribution Centre including the design and development of Booktopia’s Warehouse Management System. This includes the release of a mobile version to compliment the processes of the new automation.
- Design and development of Booktopia’s custom built search engine. Booktopia’s website search allows customers to search of over 14 million SKUs in under 2 seconds to find exactly what they are looking for.
- Design and continual improvement of Booktopia’s mobile which won the 2016 ORIA award for best Mobile Commerce Site.
- Implementation of algorithms throughout the business that allows Booktopia to hold over 130,000 products in stock and ready for next day shipping.
- Implementation of Booktopia’s eBook platform that allows customer’s to read eBooks wherever they are across multiple devices.
- Integration of the Angus & Robertson Bookworld business into Booktopia’s systems.