2018 Women2Watch Honorees
By Kelly Stickel, Founder & CEO, Remodista
As we head to International Women’s Day we want to congratulation our 2018 Women2Watch Honorees! Our community purpose is to educate brands, cultivate women leaders while connecting globally and these women are making a difference. Last year, our Women2Watch spoke at over 65 keynotes and panels around the world.
In Australia, we celebrate 24 fabulous women leaders, from all areas of business, solving difficult challenges or building new business models for retail and finance. We will spend the year shining a spotlight on these women and the work they are doing. Our goal is to help hone the challenges being solved in a forward-thinking way that gives our W2W a vehicle to thought leadership in a new space.
We give these women access and answers to problems solved in other areas of the business, helping them better understand a bigger picture. As the thinking becomes clear as we work to get on stage increasing women keynotes, panels, and moderator roles at conferences around the world and in the US. At the same time, we offer this community of like-minded women, access to each other for insights gained, knowledge transfer, leadership cultivation and trusted referral-based networking.
In July, we host our second Born to Disrupt workshop, and a Women2Watch cocktail reception during Online Retailer. This is an opportunity for our global community to continue collaborating and connecting as we grow our innovative businesses.
We then open self and peer nominations for the Women2Watch who have solved particular business challenges in 2018. They have grabbed a brass ring and shared their insights to a larger community through data in the business, content, speaking, awards, or recognition.
Then in September, at our 3rd Annual Women2Watch Award Show. We will enjoy a fabulous night recognizing our honorees who are pioneering ideas on globalizing business while understanding the disruption and innovation occurring in retail technology, and finance.
This year, for the first time, we will have an Award Dinner celebration in Sydney September 18th at Sake that will coincide with our Award Show in NYC. We will announce and celebrate the 5 Innovation Award winners, as well as, award one Spirit of St. Jude Award for someone who has overcome challenges through courage, tenacity, and persistence.
Congratulations to these 24 Australian Women2Watch in Business Disruption 2018:
- Alanna Bastin-Byrne, Co-founder and CMO, Femeconomy
- Alice Kuepper, Managing Director, Online Retailer
- Alita Harvey-Rodriguez, Founder & Managing Director, Milk it Academy
- Amy Roche, Director, Retail Rockstars
- Cara Little, Director, Pure Home Body
- Casey Castro, Founder, Down the Rabbit Hole
- Celina Lazarus, Co-founder and Director, Maillard Atelier + First Crop Coffee
- Clare Bradshaw, CEO and Founder, OutfitHer
- Elizabeth Abegg, Chief Brand Officer, Spell & The Gypsy Collective
- Erica Stewart, Founder & CEO, hardtofind.com.au
- Julie Mathers, CEO & Founder, Flora & Fauna
- Kate Morris, Founder and CEO, Adore Beauty
- Kelly Jamieson, Founder and Managing Director, Edible Blooms
- Kristy Chong, CEO & Founder, Modibodi
- Lana Hopkins, Managing Director, CO-CEO & Founder, Mon Purse
- Lena Kasparian, Creative Director, Lena Kasparian Pty Ltd
- Lucy Glade-Wright, Founder and CEO, Hunting for George
- Melissa Austria, Founder / Owner, Gotstyle
- Paula Mitchell, General Manager eCommerce, General Pants
- Phoebe Yu, Founder & CEO, Ettitude Pty Ltd
- Sandy Abram, Founder, Wholesome Hub
- Sarah Donges, CEO and founder, Box For Monkeys
- Saskia Fairfull, Founder, IFAB – Independent Fashion Advisory Board
- Stacey Head, Founder/Managing Director, She Wear